Class II Performance Series Knifeholders
Once you’ve handled a Tidland Performance Series Knifeholder, you’ll think its design is pure genius. If you thought our award-winning Series ‘C’ Knifeholders were the best ever, wait until you try this one – we’ve made revolutionary engineering advances that add all the features you want. No other knifeholder offers all these features and benefits – you get faster setups, increased quality product and process productivity and reduced downtime.The PS Class II knifeholder is the most popular in the series and it has the widest range of applications with a minimum slit width of 2” (50.8 mm). This knifeholder is available in versions for shear and crush slitting and is most suitable in general converting applications, including plain and coated papers, foils, fine printing papers, chrome coated, poly coated, light paperboard, nonwovens, all film applications, etc. Depending upon material and application conditions, the Class II is suitable for speeds up to 5,500 fpm (1,700 mpm).
- Modular mounting options that allow retrofit to any machine
- Operator-friendly setup features Automatic Half-Stroke feature sets the correct side pressure between top and bottom knives.
- Optional Pneumatic Lock Mount with Pinion and Traverse Knob.
- Made of durable, corrosion-proof materials to withstand harsh industrial environments
- Air Purged, Dust-Proof design.
- Quick change, factory-set cant angle key.
- Precise Setup Function Control to ensure roll quality
- Calibrated Depth Control Knob for precise blade overlap adjustment.
- Operator-friendly positive control of pneumatic functions.
- No external Hoses between control body and blade cartridge
- Removable one-handed, tool-free blade cartridge for safe blade replacement off-machine on work bench
- 180 Degree Reversible Blade Cartridge allows use of both sides of the bottom knife Dual air circuit (optional) allows for independent regulation of air pressure for side Stroke and down stroke.
- Optional automatic 360 degree blade guard for safer setup and operation
Other specifications :
Class II Performance Series KnifeholderApplication:
Typical Materials:Papers, coated papers, foils, fine printing papers, chrome-coated, poly-coated, paperboard, nonwovens, and all films
Types of Slitting:Shear, Crush/Score
Cartridge Type:Swing, Crush
Minimum Slit Width: *2.0” (50.8 mm)
Blade Diameter: 5.91” (150 mm)
Designed Maximum Speed:**5,500 fpm (1,700 mpm)