Class I Performance Series Knifeholders
Once you have handled a Tidland Performance Series knifeholder, you’ll think its design is pure genius. If you thought our award-winning Series “C” knifeholders were the best ever, wait until you try this one – We’ve made revolutionary engineering advances that add all the features you want. No other knifeholder offers all these features and benefits – You get faster setups, increased quality product and process productivity and reduced downtime.
The PS Class I knifeholder is the smallest and slimmest of the series, down to 1" (25 mm) minimum slit width. Versions of this knifeholder for shear, crush and razor slitting modes cover a wide range of applications in light converting of paper, flexible packaging and film. Depending upon material and application conditions the Class I is suitable for web speeds up to 3,500 fpm (1,000 mpm)
- Modular mounting options that allow retrofit to any machine
- Operator-friendly setup features
- Automatic Half-Stroke feature sets the correct side pressure between top and bottom knives.
- Optional Pneumatic Lock Mount with Pinion and Traverse Knob.
- Made of durable, corrosion-proof materials to withstand harsh industrial environments
- Air Purged, Dust-Proof design.
- Quick change, factory-set cant angle key.
- Precise Setup Function Control to ensure roll quality
- Calibrated Depth Control Knob for precise blade overlap adjustment.
- Operator-friendly positive control of pneumatic functions.
- No external Hoses between control body and blade cartridge
- Removable one-handed, tool-free blade cartridge for safe blade replacement off-machine on work bench
- 180 Degree Reversible Blade Cartridge allows use of both sides of the bottom knife
- Dual air circuit (optional) allows for independent regulation of air pressure for side stroke and down stroke.
Product Name: Class I Performance Series Knifeholder
- Light converting, flexible packaging, finished product converters
- Papers, plastic coated papers, foil covered papers, laminates, films, polypropylene, and co-extrusions
- Swing, Crush, Razor
- Minimum Slit Width:*
- 1.0” (25 mm)
Designed Maximum Speed:**
Type of Slitting:
- Shear, Crush/Score, Razor
*For typical knife sequence. **Dependent upon material and application.